Here's the softwood five-bar estate gate - left hand hinge; the perfect entrance gate. Pressure Treated Green and beautifully crafted, the Softwood Estate Gate is not just your everyday standard gate. The estate gate is sure to provide an instant first impression to your home.
Left Hand Hinge - Looking from the front (best side of gate with bolt heads facing you).
Key Features of the Softwood Estate Five-Bar Gate
- The Estate with its extended curved hanging stile makes for an impressive entrance.
- This classic design benefits from a tapered top bar with superior hanging stile, joined using traditional hardwood stop dowelled mortice and tenon joints. Both its rails and vertical braces are reinforced by an extended diagonal brace.
- Made from specially selected timber with fewer smaller knots resulting in a more stable gate guaranteeing it is truly built to last.
- The Estate has a planed finish along with detailed chamfering to the stiles, top bar and rails giving a smooth, attractive finish.
- The gate has been produced at 16% moisture content and needs to be kept dry. Avoid direct contact with sunlight until the gate has been fully treated
- Gates must be stored flat on three level bearers or upright against a wall with both stiles evenly supported until installation
- Want to know the best way to install a 5-bar gate? Read our 'how to' blog.
Points on Treatment to Consider
- This gate cannot be left exposed to the elements until fully treated. Before hanging, gates must be treated and sealed on all faces and edges. Extra care must be given to the underside and all end grain.
- Any small nicks or scratches should be sanded using fine sandpaper before treatment
- To get the most out of your Estate gate, repeat treatment annually or when required.
Delivery and Installation
- Expect delivery to take between one and two weeks for a standard size.
- For a bespoke size, delivery usually takes up to four weeks.
- Whether we can deliver to you will depend on your location. Delivery rates vary depending on your location. For rates, please visit our delivery information page.
Standard height 3'3.5" (1000mm) to the top of the top rail.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.