The Cottage Wooden Side Gate is a brilliant yet heavy duty garden gate. The Cottage gate is beautifully made with precision, care and superior craftsmanship.
Product Features of the Cottage Wooden Side Gate
- Mortice and tenon construction and 4” x 2” stiles are strengthened by 4” rails and bracing
- With a height of 3’6” (1067mm) the Cottage Gate is available from stock in a width of 3’0” (915mm)
- Available in kiln dried softwood which is pressure treated for durability
What fixings and posts to use?
- Recommended hinges: 12″ Tee Hinge
- One and a half bags of Post Mix Concrete per post
- The gate has been produced at 16% moisture content and needs to be kept dry
- Avoid direct contact with sunlight until the gate has been fully treated
- Gates must be stored flat on three level bearers or upright against a wall with both stiles evenly supported until installation
Points on Treatment to Consider
- This gate cannot be left exposed to the elements until fully treated. Before hanging, gates must be treated and sealed on all faces and edges. Extra care must be given to the underside and all end grain
- Any small nicks or scratches should be sanded using fine sandpaper before treatment
- To get the most out of your Forester gate, repeat treatment annually or when required
- Expect delivery to take between one and two weeks for a standard size.
- For a bespoke size, delivery usually takes up to four weeks
- If you spend over £120, and your delivery address is “Local” - Zone 1 (please see delivery information for details), we will deliver for free.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.