The perfect field gate - Forester Softwood 5-Bar Gate - Left hand Hinge (picture shown is of a right hand hinge).
The Forester is a traditional five-bar diagonal braced gate. For a fully planed pressure treated gate, you get excellent value for money.
- Its design features a domed top bar
- Superior hanging stile with mortice and tenon joints and diagonal braces.
- The diagonal braces are morticed into the top bar providing maximum strength and stability.
- Left Hand Hinge - Looking from the front (best side of gate with bolt heads facing you).
- These gates have been produced at 16% moisture content and need to be kept dry. Avoid direct contact with sunlight until the gate has been fully treated
- Gates must be stored flat on three level bearers or upright against a wall with both stiles evenly supported until installation
- Want to know the best way to install a 5-bar gate? Read our 'how to' blog.
Points on Treatment to Consider
- The Forester Gate is pressure treated and is fully weather protected. Should you wish to retain the colour and to preserve the longevity of your gate, further treatments will need to be applied as and when appropriate.
- Any small nicks or scratches should be sanded using fine sandpaper before treatment
- To get the most out of your Forester gate, repeat treatment annually or when required.
Delivery and Installation
- Expect delivery to take between one and two weeks for a standard size.
- For a bespoke size, delivery usually takes up to four weeks.
- Whether we can deliver to you will depend on your location. Delivery rates vary depending on your location. For rates, please visit our delivery information page.
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.